- This event has passed.
Masterclass: The patient back to the center of care
04-11-2015 @ 17:30 - 21:45€145
On 4 November 2015 Prof. dr. Andries Baart will deliver a masterclass in Utrecht, the Netherlands, on the occasion of the publication of the book De patiënt terug van weggeweest. Werken aan menslievende zorg in het ziekenhuis (The patient back from where s/he used to be. Working on professional loving care in the hospital). This book provides insight in the experiences of the Elisabeth Hospital in Tilburg, the Netherlands. Experiences it gained through a period of transition to fulfill its ambition to become Hollands most lovesome hospital. Two years of preparation, five years of transition and research, one year of writing down reflections and lessons learned.
These lessons learned are:
- Change along a gradual, learning path.
- By exchanging knowledge among all involved;
- By allowing outsiders to become researching snoopers and critical friens of caregivers;
- By thinking about care form the viewpoint of care and not from the viewpoint of wellness, automotive and entertainment industry;
- By closely connecting moral thinking and practical doing;
- By thinking about better care from what is morally good in the own care-practice.
Andries Baart en Frans Vosman (red.), De patiënt terug van weggeweest. Werken aan menslievende zorg in het ziekenhuis. Amsterdam: SWP 2015
A review of the book will soon become available on this website.
The masterclass will take place on November 4, 2015, from 17.30 until 20.15 at Jaarbeurs, Beatrixgebouw in Utrecht. Costs are €145 per person which includes supper and a copy of the book ‘De patiënt terug van weggeweest‘ (publication price €39,90). The entire proceeds from the masterclass will be used for a new foundation that stimulates (care) ethical research into healthcare, welfare and education practices.
Please note that the masterclass will be held in Dutch.
You can register via this link. You can find more information in this leaflet (in Dutch).