- This event has passed.
London Conference In Critical Thought
July 5 - July 6
The 8th Annual London Conference in Critical Thought (LCCT) is a free, inter-institutional, interdisciplinary conference in critical thought that takes place annually in different institutions across London.
LCCT follows a non-hierarchical, decentralised model of organisation that undoes conventional academic distinctions between plenary lectures and break-out sessions, aiming instead to create opportunities for intellectual critical exchange regardless of participants’ disciplinary field, institutional affiliation, or seniority. LCCT has no overarching or predetermined theme. The conference’s intellectual content and academic tone are set anew each year, stemming from thematic streams that are conceived, proposed and curated by a group of stream organisers.
The streams for #LCCT2019 are:
• Art MANIFESTOS: The future of an evolving form
• Automating inequality: AI, smart devices and the reproduction of the social
• The Cold War Then and Now: Theories and legacies
• Culture/Politics of trauma
• Difference, evolution and biology
• Gendered technologies, gender as technology
• Immanence, conflict and institution: Within and beyond Italian Theory
• Multiplying Citizenship: Beyond the subject of rightsLondon Conference in Critical ThoughtLondon Conference in Critical ThoughtLondon Conference in Critical ThoughtLondon Conference in Critical Thought
• Radical Ventriloquism: Acts of speaking through and speaking for
• Rethinking new materialisms: Ethics, politics and aesthetics
• Thinking critically with care
To register, please visit our eventbrite page here.
The conference is free to participate in and attend.
For more information, please visit the LCCT site
The full programme for the conference will be available shortly.